Back with a few words and a plan

So.. i've been quiet for a bit.. well... more than a bit really. 3 months now really with no updates, extremely limited facebook chatter, and i'd love to say that i've been productive..but that isn't the case. The job market being as it is, I kinda got overwhelmed after two years of job hunting, and coming up with nothing. Bare of even any commission work. So.. I stuck my head in the sand for a bit to clear my head. I concentrated on my menial job, grew a minor social life, got my self in shape. Really, I just cleaned myself up a bit after the admitted disappointment my final quarters of school were, and the year of downtime i've had since. And so..the plan...

This past week it really all came together. The stars aligned, the sun beamed down, harps were playing, yada yada. A muse is a muse and mine came in the form of a song on the radio, a beautiful day outside, and invitation to go have a night of fun out.. And rather then that.. I sat home and started a new painting. The first painting i've done in months. And you know what.. I cannot express in words how satisfied I am with it. And that's what it is all about. I went through 2 years of community college, 3 years at scad, hours, days, weeks, years... of being told by professors that I wasn't good enough, I would never find work, I would/could never be an artist. And you know what.. I AM... successful or not. No.. I'm not traditional, no .. I'm not a comic artist, even though my degree says I should be, and yes... I know how to do other things too... There is no crime in being a well rounded artist! I can and will do whatever the hell kind of art I please, whether it's painting, sculpting, dancing, welding, finger-painting, and no-one can tell me not to!

So.. That being said. It's time to get back to it. From this point on I will be starting to push updates hard. For now i'm going to aim for bi-weekly. Each update will contain multiple pieces, no more of this one a month nonsense. If anyone hears of any contests, challenges, or even free commissions (yes.. I said it.. FREE. You want to see me rack my brain and drawing some nightmare that escaped your brain..for no charge, Bring it on.) , let me know and i'll do the same for you. - Lane

Comments

Popular Posts